Accidents: Holistic Solutions -- Dr. Shriniwas Kashalikar
by dr.shriniwas kashalikar & dr.suhas mhetre
Accidents and other problems are created by policies of excessive production of cars, luxury cars, two wheelers in preference to buses and trams. The brief explanation is as follows.
1. Excessive increase in number of vehicles on roads
2. Commensurate increase in fuel consumption and import expenses for any nation
3. Wear and tear of roads and consequent increase in maintenance expenses and disturbance and delay to smooth traffic
4. Excessive increase in noise pollution due to blowing of horns
5. Traffic jams adding to further increase in fuel consumption and wastage of time
6. Increase in number of vehicular accidents
7. Increase in vehicular exhaust causing pollution and global warming
8. Excess of load on local trains where available and consequent accidents, quarrels and mishaps
9. Overall increase in tardiness in the traffic and increase in anxiety and tension, further increasing the quarrels, traffic crimes the number and severity of accidents on working and business people
10. Reduction in the overall output of all the people having to travel to their working place.
11. Increase in the difficulty in movement of ambulances and fire fighters and reduced efficiency in disaster management
12. Increase (due to difficulty in enforcing law and order) riots, thefts etc due to slowing of police movement
12. Difficulty in management of traffic
One policy can affect several aspects of health such as ACCIDENTS, noise pollution, chemical pollution, wastage of money and man power leading to reduction in the funds available for health care system, crimes, delay in disaster management and so on.
The root of the malady is thus in the policy. If it is driven by vested interests and sectarian motives then it would continue to cause serious health problems one of the examples in case, is that of accidents!
The holistic solution therefore is:
Give preference to production of buses and improve bus services preferably public but if necessary private also. This would radically reduce the perilous maladies mentioned above.
This is the essential sketch of the relation between accidents, holistic health and policies. However more details can be added by the experts with holistic perspective in related fields.
But holistic perspective requires inner growth and blossoming and spiritual renaissance for which NAMASMARAN by billions is required all over the world.
Dr. Shriniwas Kashalikar
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Articles by Dr. Shriniwas Kashalikar.